LANGLEY, B.C. – The Trinity Western's women's basketball team will host the Mount Royal University Cougars Friday and Saturday at the Langley Events Centre.
Friday, Nov. 9 vs. MRU – 6 p.m. (PT)
Saturday, Nov. 9 vs. MRU – 5 p.m. (PT)
THE WEEKEND STORY
• After recording a program best 4-0 start, the Spartans will come into the weekend looking for their third consecutive sweep to begin conference play. Prior to this year, the Spartans had never opened a Canada West campaign with more than two wins in a row.
• TWU swept then No. 6-ranked Regina this past weekend for the first time in program history. Before last weekend, TWU had never beat the Cougars in Regina.
• MRU is looking to get some momentum going on their season after going winless through their first two weekends of play.
• TWU is led by fifth year forward Tessa Ratzlaff (Abbotsford, BC) who just broke the program career scoring record last weekend, passing Kayla Gordon, as she enters this weekend with 1,188 career points.
• Ratzlaff is the eighth leading scorer in the Canada West with 19 points per game.
• Madison Hooper leads the Cougars in scoring with 12.8 points per game, placing her at 26th in Canada West.
• The Spartans will look to spread out the Cougar defense with their 3-point shooting led Jessie Brown (Langley), who currently sits in fourth place all-time for 3-pointers made. She trails third place by only 12 makes.
• Sarah Buckingham (Langley), who is tied for first in the Canada West with a 3-pointers made percentage 57.1 per cent, will also prove to be a tough cover for the MRU defense.
• TWU will have their hands full trying to box out second-year MRU forward Sydney Tabin, who is ninth in the Canada West in rebounding with nine rebounds per game.
TRINITY WESTERN SPARTANS (4-0)
U SPORTS ranking: NR
Canada West Pacific Division Standings: T-1st
Last Weekend: at Regina (W 74-63) (W 56-47)
Streak: 4 wins
Regular Season Form: W-W-W-W
MOUNT ROYAL COUGARS (0-4)
U SPORTS ranking: NR
Canada West Pacific Standings: T-13th
Last Weekend: at Manitoba (L 103-80) (L 73-69)
Streak: 4 Losses
Regular Season Form: L-L-L-L